California School of Health Sciences (CSHS) is proud to offer a Certificate of Completion in Advanced Medical Surgical. The primary goal of this course is to prepare nurses to assume the role of th clinical nurse in the area of expertise. The content includes an in-depth review of the following topics: Overview of the Healthcare System, National Patient Safety Goals, Critical Thinking, and Nursing Process, Patient Rights, Informed Consent, Advanced Directives, Organ Donation, Restraints, Charting Documentation & Handling physician orders.
The course aims are to equip registered nurses with essential knowledge and skills to perform effectively and efficiently in the specific specialty discipline, so as to ensure the delivery of safe, holistic, and quality care to patients.
At the end of the course, participants will:
– Provide comprehensive nursing care to patients adhering to the policies, protocols, and nursing standards of respective hospitals.
– Demonstrate clinical competencies in advanced technology within the specialized area of practice.
– Demonstrate caring attitude integrating psycho-socio-cultural and spiritual concerns of the patients while providing care across the life span and to the family members.
– Educate patients and their family members about the disease, its treatment, its management, health maintenance, health promotion, prevention of diseases, and health-seeking mechanisms in the health care delivery system.
– Apply the principles of ethical-legal, and regulatory standards while dealing with patient, professional, and health care team members.
– Utilize critical thinking and clinical judgment skills in the process of caring.
– Demonstrate effective time management while providing care to the patients.
– Demonstrate team spirit, and interpersonal relations skills.
– Analyze the health care delivery system to identify the roles and functions of the professional nurse
The ACLS textbook is required for this course. Cost of the textbook is $45.00 (not included in the course cost) and can be purchased either online by clicking the above (Buy Book) link, or the day of the class.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider Number 17440), for 14 contact hours for Initial, and 7 hours for Renewal.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
The ACLS Provider Manual features case scenarios that help course participants apply new concepts to real-life situations. It includes material such as Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics and the 10 ACLS Core Cases; a Student CD with video clips, optional material, anatomy/physiology, a quick reference guide, and reminder cards; two ACLS pocket reference cards; and the required ACLS Precourse Checklist.